Thursday, September 5, 2013

1 Month Home

Avery's bath time experience has come a long way. She was terrified for the first 3 weeks. Now she only cries when someone else gets a turn in the bath tub ;) She loves her tub time. She doesn't yet move around in the tub much, but she recognizes the word splash and uses her hands to splash. She likes when water is being poured and tolerates it on her face.
Normally bath time is hectic b/c the boys also need turns. She still bathes alone for health reasons. Last night the boys squeezed in a little extra football playing time with EJ, so I took advantage of the quiet house and snapped some pics of Avery.
So many people ask me how it's going. My usual quick response is, "4 kids is a lot and it's crazy busy." I am exhausted by the end of the day. Honestly, the transition we are experiencing from an adoption perspective, has been relatively easy. I do not take this blessing for granted. I have been thanking God each day for how well things are going. She is doing really well and I know this is not always the case. All 5 of us are finding it easy to love her.
The biggest adjustment is the addition of another family member. It would likely be just as difficult, if not more, if I had given birth to a fourth. My time is split in 4 directions, more food, more laundry, more mess, more disputes to break up.
Thankfully it's getting easier the more I know Avery. It takes less brain cells to guess what she needs or wants or is going to do next. Plus her nap time is increasing a little each day and there are no tears either! Amazing!
Last night, when I peeked in on her sleeping, she truly looked relaxed. The smile she gives us in the morning when we get her up, is priceless. I need to remember to get a picture.
God has been gracious to us. I can't tell you how many times a day I think, she is the perfect fit. Praise Him!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

B and I are reading faithfully. Thank you for continuing to share.

Michelle said...

This is so wonderful to read! Praise God!