Monday, September 2, 2013

1 Month Together (A little late)

This has become Avery's signature move. I call her my Chinese acrobat, she is very flexible. If she doesn't want to be set down, she splits her legs. Her feet have come as high as her head if need be. She can hold this position for a very long time. She might just be a tad stubborn ;)
On "fancy" night the dad's danced with their daughters. EJ and Avery's first dance together.
She loves music and loves dancing a perfect fit for her brothers and they love to watch her!

She has continued to settle into our family and home. Everyone who meets her says she seems so happy. I'd have to agree. It's pretty amazing. She is comfortable moving about our house (she really gets around now). She doesn't get upset when we put her to bed for nap or night time. She stays quietly in her crib until we come and get her. Her nap is still not very long, I am hoping she will start sleeping a little more as time goes on.
The quiet, reserved, non-opinionated little girl we first met in China, is NO more. She is loud, kinda crazy and gives us plenty of attitude. All signs that she is growing more comfortable everyday.
I am most thankful that it feels completely natural to hold her and show her affection. I do not take this gift lightly. I LOVE holding her and singing to her right before bed. A day doesn't go by that I don't remember waiting and wondering how it would feel.