We currently only have 1 playing 1 sport right now! Wow! Mason didn't handle soccer well last year with the start of KG, so we opted not to sign him up for anything until basketball starts. He only realized this yesterday. I don't think he is disappointed, just shocked b/c it's normally part of our fall ;)
Owen is playing baseball, AGAIN! He had 2x a week practice all summer and Sunday was his first game. I didn't get pictures at the game. It was HOT and Avery's 1st game and I couldn't see past/over the chain link fence (ugh). He is playing on a non- travel, travel team. Meaning games are in different counties nearby, not just the LLpark we are used too. He practices at least 2x a week and plays 2 games every other Sunday. It's nice having every other weekend off.
This is slightly more serious version than we are used too. The players are more serious, the coaches more serious and the practices are no joke. He is up against some stiff competition and I don't mean the other teams. He has to earn his place on the field, which he really hasn't had to do before. This does not discourage him, he only works harder. If only he felt that way about school ;)
This is my competition :) Good grief!
And that's just from practice. He said he even had dirt in his teeth ;)
He seems to be enjoying the 4th grade. His teacher is new to our school, but her fantastic reputation has preceded her. I am excited for Owen, last year there wasn't much creativity put forth to his learning. The bare minimum was met. I am hopeful this year will be better.
1 comment:
sounds delightful! (the 1 playing 1 sport thing...NOT the pants :-))
Post a Comment