Sunday, January 29, 2012

Celebrating Joshua

This weekend we had the blessing of visiting with dear friends and celebrating their son, Joshua's 8th birthday. He and Owen are 6 weeks apart but attached at the hip when they are together. When we left today we pulled into the driveway across from their house to turn the van around. We were all wishing that was as far as we had to go to get home. Being neighbors would be awesome!
Joshua's party was an indoor soccer party. Owen's highlight for the weekend was the hour they spent on the field (keep in mind he had already played b-ball earlier that day).
Mason had a great time too and played the entire time at full speed. Amazing!
His favorite part was playing legos this morning with Owen and Joshua.

Joshua (at the head of the table) had a smile on his face the entire party.
 We had cake with all the grandparents and some cousins afterwards.
Courtney rocked the cake. It was a stadium and so cool.

I loved watching these 2 SIT and organize their cards together. I couldn't help but remember our visits several years back when I wasn't sure Owen would ever just sit. He could barely contain his excitement in their presence and usually made us miserable by the end. What a blessing to see him maturing.

I loved watching EJ and Pat laugh together. Like really LAUGH! They were goofing off with Joshua's remote control helicopters.

I loved Levi backing up his adorable self to sit on MY lap.

I loved seeing 6 sleeping bags lined up in one room with empty beds b/c no one wanted to miss out.

Mostly, I loved the time I had talking with my dear friend Courtney. She knows me so well. If I were to start a sentence in the middle, she would still know what I was talking about. She inspires me, challenges me, loves me and listens to my nonstop chatter ;) Her blog is a blessing to me, I get to see more of her life and heart that way. But there is nothing quite like being with her in person!!
Blessed.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

thanks for coming! it was such a special weekend!!!