Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Chilleeee

I think today may have been our coldest day of winter so far. It might have reached 30 for a little while. Oh, how I really hate the cold. And it's only just beginning. 
Here's a fun idea if you live in a snowy state. The boys and I gave one of these "snow sticks" to the grandmas and aunt lissa for Christmas presents. I got the idea from an oriental trading post catalog. 
My mom LOVES to measure the snow with a yardstick and always calls us to ask how much we have. Now we have a special stick :)

.
We painted large paint sticks (EJ cut off a few inches-we don't get THAT much snow). 
I found snowman and penguin foam ornament kits. The boys glued the pieces together. 
We attached the foam ornament to the top of the stick.
I measured and marked the inches.
"Easy Peasy" (as owen would say)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

super cute! great craft idea!