Desperate times (extremely cold temps) call for desperate measures. And yes, the ball pit qualifies for "desperate measures." Only because having all those balls all over the place drives me batty.
Static!
Mason is perfectly content to stay home and play and so today, I chose to do just that. Hopefully I can keep the pace from 2-6 p.m. :) Although today is warming up, so we can be outside this afternoon. I thought Owen was going to drive me crazy during homework time yesterday. It was very obvious they did not go outside for recess. He could NOT sit still. We've stayed home a lot this week (Mason's 1st morning back is tomorrow). Mostly b/c I had no particular place to go and if I go out for no reason that usually means shopping, which I certainly did enough of back in Nov and Dec :) Staying home or indoors all day wouldn't be my first option. If lunch is over and cleaned up by 12:01 p.m. I know we are in trouble. The day just kind of drags. Don't get me wrong its a quick, never sit down kind of dragging on, but my mind goes a little numb.
I haven't felt a whole lot of purpose for my 1st week of the New Year. Just kind of going through the motions. Actually, I have stayed on top of the house chores (isn't that what everyone does the 1st week of a new year, ha). It's nice to have a tidy and clean house, but the satisfaction dies off quickly.
I have been slow to revamp our 5 Days, His Way. We didn't start back this week. But I am kind of glad I dropped the ball b/c it has made me realize just how important it is for ME. I truly miss it (I was afraid I wouldn't). I need a (vague) guideline for our afternoons. Otherwise we all just flounder about.
This weekend I will make preparations. I'd like to change the scripture verses and our vocab words.
Hopefully the boys will quickly realize how much they missed it too ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment