Monday, January 16, 2012

His Ways are Awesome

I hope to get around to more posts about our 5 Days, His Way, but I have been busy on some other blogging adventures. I will share soon!
In short, I have added more verses. A verse for each "vocab word."
For now, I will share today's lesson b/c it really encouraged my faith in my God, who gives me just what I need when I need it.
Today, took every last ounce of me and He kept me going when I thought I had nothing left. So thankful!
I did not put much forethought into today's Mission-Minded Monday. It was a busy morning with all 3 boys. I had just a few minutes. God gave me just what I needed the second I opened my mouth. Amazing!
Our Mission-Minded verse, "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." 1 John 4:10-11.
Our vocab word for today was share. The verse I chose for share is Luke 3:10-12, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.”
My plan was to draw a shirt on a piece of paper and ask the boys to help me come up with things we can share with others. I wrote them down. A visual always helps.
What I did not anticipate was the way God would prompt me to incorporate MLK day into the lesson. Owen has learned enough background at this point to understand from where I was coming.
We had an awesome discussion on how God gives each of us talents (a lesson from last week) and allows us to share them with others. God made MLK Jr to be an amazing public speaker. MLK Jr. encouraged others to love one another which is what 1 John 4:10-11 calls us to do.

I share this simply b/c I am a mom flying by the seat of her pants, tripping over toys and yet God gives me the words (even when I ask without much faith). Be encouraged! 

2 comments:

Jill said...

I am encouraged. Glad He gave you the words. :) Thanks for sharing those words with us!

Courtney said...

so encouraging, ali. thank you for sharing! He DOES answer...even before we ask sometimes!