Sunday, November 6, 2011

Orphan Sunday

 

I can't explain it, but I know some will understand. 
I am not even sure when it happened.
It's exciting and scary all at the same time.
I see differently.
I hear differently.
I think differently.
I feel more.
I respond to His word differently.
Sermons, lessons, scripture, prayers and life lessons - I see another angle - I am constantly relating everything to orphan care.
It's there when I kiss my boys good night.
When I hold their hands.
When I wipe their noses or help with their shoes and coats.
I just can't help it.
I might be driving my husband a little crazy.
I think he thinks I am a little crazy.
But I am so thankful to feel so much.
I am thankful for my Missional Community Group because they are the some who understand.

It was a JOY to serve with them this morning.
It was a labor of love, but so worth it.
We had a great turnout for our "orphans table and panel discussion." 
7 panelists shared 8 ways to serve the orphan/child in waiting
would you consider?

Visit
Protect
 Mobilze the church
Speak Up for them
Provide
Adopt
Give
Pray

 Psalm 146:9 says, “The Lord protects the strangers; He supports the fatherless and the widow…”
Psalm 68: 5 – 6,  “A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy dwelling.  
God sets the lonely in families.”
Matthew 7:7-8… "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.”
Isaiah 1:17: learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause
John 14:15- 18 it says, "If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

let me be the 1st to comment!!! I'M IN AWE OF HOW GOD IS AT WORK!! THX for all you poured into the day!
In awe of our Lord's heart with you sister. I needed Orphan Sunday:) good to be with you on HIS mission!

Courtney Cassada said...

wow! you guys did so much! and so many people seem to have responded!!! AWESOME!! and i LOVe that all your boys got shirts! :-)

it is a beautiful thing to walk alongside His heart.

the reppard crew said...

i want to hear more, ali! talk to me! when can we get our littlests together?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.