Tuesday, November 1, 2011

2nd Stop

We had another very important person to celebrate this weekend. 
EJ's grandmother turned 90.
I was really struck this weekend at how long I've been a part of EJ's family. 13 years!
I say "EJ's grandmother", but I also feel at home there. When we cross the bridge onto the island, it brings forth a lot great memories. I am thankful to have a history with this amazing woman.
EJ's sister, dad and grandma
All her local lady friends joined us to celebrate. I loved what they had to say. 
EJ gave a nice toast

 
an Italian creme cake flown in from Italy
birthday wishes from the co-owner/chef
The boys handled themselves pretty good.
They were set up for disater being the only 3 children at the party.

I was so very proud of Owen. 
He was not in his comfort zone, thrown beside one of EJ's grandmother's friends.
He answered all her questions! This is huge.
Never mind that he looked like he might fall out of his chair the whole time trying to put as much space between her and him as he could politely muster.
She was very kind and gracious not be offended.
There is still work to be done, but I chose to enjoy the good.
Yes, he is drinking coffe. Decaf!!!
Mason on the other hand devoured an espresso powdered ice cream without me realizing.
Fortunately, he was so exhausted from our very busy weekend it didn't mess up bedtime.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

oh my goodness! wow! love that ej gave a toast. love how proud you were of owen - that's BIG! love that he's drinking coffee :-) love that that cake was flown in from italy - WOW!!!

Michelle said...

Wow, cake all the way from Italy! And I love Owen drinking coffee. :)

Lissa said...

What a fun and special weekend. Lots to celebrate and his Grandma looks like she's in heaven with all her favorite people! Owen is getting too old!