Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Three's Company

I really need to get my camera fixed. This was such a cute moment and the pictures didn't turn out very well. While EJ and Owen have been at soccer camp, Mason and I have had the evenings to ourselves. Ryan makes his appearance in between naps. The time 4:30-8 isn't my best "mommy" time. I am usually calling it quites at least in attitude. Not that I am proud of this, it's just the truth. Needless to say I've made a conscious effort to step it up and give Mason some extra attention. It doesn't take much: A picnic dinner in the family room, volleyball with a balloon, Popsicles on the front stoop, playing "trash truck," etc.

Mason and Ryan shared a bath, a rare and fun treat for both of them.
While the tub was filling, Mason read to Ryan.



Mason is really good with Ryan. When Mason was a baby I had to always keep an eye on Owen, b/c he was so physical, his hugs were more like tackles and his pats more like hits. Mason is just naturally gentler. He loves to make Ryan smile and give him hugs and kisses. This morning I caught him talking to Ryan in a real high pitched goofy voice and he kept repeating the same words over and over. Hmmm... do I sound that ridiculous when I talk to Ryan?

No comments: