Saturday, July 24, 2010

Art Lesson #1

I decided to put my art degree to use. Dad, if you're reading don't get your hopes up, it's not a paying gig. My hope is to give Owen one art lesson a week. We usually have 1 hour - 1 .5 hours alone in the afternoon and its a great use of our time. We did the first lesson yesterday, he was a little hesitant at first, by to my surprise asked for another one today. He'll just have to look forward to next week.
I found this great site that helped me narrow my focus. One evening, I went through and choose the most age appropriate and Owen appropriate lessons.
The first lesson was Pointillism, we studied Georges Seurat (the basics from a library book) and tried to paint using his methods. Obviously, Seurat didn't use a Q-Tip, but that was what the kinderart.com suggested.

Our paintings don't look a thing like Seuart's, but we had a great time together.
That's all I was really hoping for.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

that's so fun! and special time for you two!

Michelle said...

That's great! SO glad you had fun just the two of you!

Catherine said...

Love it! How great that you can share your art passion and talent with him and that you can have fun with it together! Way to be intentional with that time.