As of yesterday evening, Ryan was allowed to be taken off the photo therapy. His numbers had dropped from 15.75 to 13.5. We kept him on the lights a little longer just to be on the safe side ;) The agency will come by this morning and take it away!
Now I can cuddle my little guy without sitting by the electrical outlet. Or move him to another room without unplugging him and carrying his equipment. Or even leave the house with him again.
As inconvenient as this was, I have been reminded what a blessing it is to have a healthy baby. A NICU baby or a baby with special needs would be "hooked up" to so many machines all of the time. And I thought this one machine made it difficult to feel close to Ryan, I can't even begin to imagine.
Now we just need the little guy to gain some more weight. He has barely reached his birth weight and he'll be 3 weeks tomorrow.
1 comment:
Yeah! So glad that his jaundice is going away! It took Finley a few weeks to reach his birth weight too.
Post a Comment