Christmas Eve Day was not pretty this year. Perhaps it never is, but I thought I'd loose my mind and I did loose my temper a couple of times. EJ went to work, leaving me with 3 wild (more than usual) boys and a little girl who didn't understand what was happening. The time crunch was upon me as we needed to prepare the house for Christmas day guests and make the twice baked potatoes for Christmas dinner (which took way longer than I thought). The boys were not motivated to use their more than abundant energy to help. It was like pulling teeth each time I gave them a new task. Finally after their to-dos were done, Owen started reading from our Christmas book basket. He kept most of them entertained while I wrapped up and made lunch. EJ made it home by 1p.m. What a relief!
I did manage a game with Mason who was really craving my attention. I was able to scoot around in the kitchen at the same time.We attended the family service at our church at 4 p.m. and then heading to my parents for dinner. I didn't get any pictures at dinner, I was a little too busy helping my children ;)
My dad was in charge of after dinner entertainment ;) The kids enjoyed playing and singing and dancing along.
EJ and Alex somehow managed a game of pool together.
Thanks for a FUN night and for putting up with my kids' Christmas crazies.
No comments:
Post a Comment