I wish I had the time or energy to put towards this post. Today, marks 4 months that Avery has been home. Last night, our family was at the airport welcoming home the Smith family and their new daughter, Irina. I have pictures, but I will let Jill have her moment! I remember our first nights home vividly and I must say I am so glad I am 4 months in :)
Avery is still doing really well. We are beginning to see some change in temperament that we can only assume means she is a lot more comfortable with us. Her "real" self is showing ;) It's not always pretty. She has a nasty sounding yell if she doesn't get her way or her point across. Fun times! Thankfully it's still pretty short lived. I know there is plenty more drama coming. Gotta ease this momma in slowly.
She has done great in the church nursery. She is definitely a momma's girl. She is trying to make up for lost time and wants to be held ALL THE TIME.
Today, we had a visit with our social worker in preparation of the 6 month report. It was fun retelling all the progress Avery has made physically and verbally.
Words to date:
Up, Help, More, Uh Oh, Momma, Dada, Ryan, ouch, ball, thank you
Signs for:
Help, More, Want, All done, Milk, Please, Thank you, Share
Avery did really well meeting new family members over Thanksgiving. I wasn't sure how she'd handle new homes and people. We are THANKFUL for their one arms and hearts toward our new daughter. EJ's dad commented, it's like she's been in our family all along.
Thanksgiving Day- Her First
She has another appointment on Friday. This one involves fasting and sedation and leaving at 6 AM. EJ is coming with us this time. Hooray! Please pray Doctors are encouraged with what they see.
1 comment:
The comment from EJ's dad made me tear up! :)
Post a Comment