Thursday, June 27, 2013

Counting Down Déjà vu

My darling Sugar Plum,
5 (long) months ago, I saw your sweet face for the first time.
In less than 1 month, I will finally hold you in my arms.

Original flights were cancelled, new flights have been purchased. We are exactly the same number of days away from meeting you as we were a week ago. Time has stood still. I have cried many many tears over the saga: one less week of being with you, the money lost and the way your new family has been at odds with the stress. It wasn't pretty, but He is helping me trust that He knows what He is doing. It's a long crazy story that I can not yet tell with kind words. Don't mess with a mama in her last trimester ;)
Meet you soon, sweet girl. 


For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord,
plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

Jill said...

Beautifully said! Thank you.

Michelle said...

I'm glad you're back to a-month-to-go! I hope there's no more unexpected changes!!

Courtney said...

boo. ugh. but it will be here before you know it! soak up every day with those 3 boys!