The last 5 days have been stressful. I will post about that eventually. But for now I am choosing a different story.
If you have been reading this blog a long time you know that I suffered for a long time with chronic muscle pain. Thanks to a proper diagnosis (finally) and meds, I am almost 100% better. BUT stress doesn't help. EJ and I (and many others I am sure) were concerned when we started our adoption journey. I know it's been in the back of my mind this whole time.
Well, I just need to praise God that the stress I am currently under has not (so far) attacked my neck and muscles. My hair seems to be falling out more, like pregnancy hormones and my weight has dropped a little, but other than that I have felt great.
I am exercising at least 3 x a week now plus chasing boys and baseballs ;) It feels good to be back in a routine. A workout doesn't goes by without me remembering how bad I used to feel and how far He has brought me. My strength training is increasing and it feels awesome. Don't get the wrong impression, I do a few free weight exercises, maybe totally 5 minutes :) I am not on the path of body building, nor do I want to be! It's just encouraging to see my muscles get used more with no ill effect.
There is a lot more stress to come and I am thankful for the folks who are praying for us. Please pray my body continues to handle it well.
To Him be the Glory
No comments:
Post a Comment