Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What a year!

I am really too busy to dwell much, but I am eagerly waiting news on our i800 approval and word from the orphanage with some answers to my questions about her currant size, eating and routine.

Hard to believe this time last year we were still deciding where to adopt from. What a year this has been! For some reason, I think I need this amazing story about how and why we chose China. And while I have been pondering it for days now as we approach the year anniversary of our decision making, I realized that the lack of story brings just as much glory to God.

WE JUST FOLLOWED HIM. Seriously, we took it one step at a time and he lead the way. We did not have a heart or calling for a specific country. We just had a heart for the orphan. He gave us the eyes to see and the faith to follow him.


I can tell you that our hearts have changed a lot towards our daughter's country. EJ and I are already wondering what will happen in the future as we'd like to continue to advocate and care for the orphans in China. While I was anxiously waiting our LOA, God did a strange thing. He reopened my eyes to the lists of waiting boys. Not the little ones, the aging-out ones. Crazy, right? Kids who are not adopted by the age of 14 lose the opportunity for a forever family. 14! Well, I have a list of 4 that God brings to mind quite frequently and I am praying their families find them in time. And I am also praying it isn't us ;) Cause that is too dang messy :)

I would not trade this journey for the world. I consider myself blessed that God would choose to use us.

I know the Fogarty/Burke family tree has forever changed and I am thankful. I know this will not come without struggle and I am bracing myself for the millions of comments she and we will face.

"There'll always be secularists- and, sadly, some church people too-who will try to divide us up into neat categories of race and class. Jesus does the opposite, though. He sits us right down at the same table and feeds us bread and wine-together." Russell Moore,"Adopted for Life"

No comments: