A year ago today, EJ and I decided that we felt God leading us to adopt. God's love for us had moved us. He had opened our eyes and hearts to the fatherless and we could not turn away. After lots of praying and talking, talking, talking, we felt the nudge to start this journey.
A few weeks later, I wrote in my journal, "I am happier than ever being a mom, but there is a constant tug to think of the one who is not yet with us. I do not doubt that the Lord is calling us to adopt. I am confident that He will give us what we need to love another, but I am realizing that I do not trust Him to make one available to us. It is absurd and makes NO sense. Why can I have faith and be lacking in faith all at the same time?"
Well, step by step, God led us to our daughter. On Jan. 25th we saw her face for the first time! She is a teeny tiny bald beauty (head has been shaved) and only 17 months old!!!
Not all of these steps have been easy, but God has been faithful and I have a deeper understanding of his love, compassion and grace for ME. The referral process, for us, was not as glamorous as one might imagine. It is tempting to keep secret those to whom we said "no," but this is all part
of our story. And as I have learned from Joseph (in Genesis at Wellspring), every part to our story is
significant. I am blown away by the new mercies I have seen in my
Heavenly Father for ME. Praying for eyes to see his mercy for these
little girls! We are praying that "Lotus", "Precious Cloud" and "Bright Morning" would find their forever family SOON.
So... our little one. She is amazing. She is beautiful. She is tiny (17.5 lbs). I can not believe Ryan will be a big brother. She will be 2 in Aug. and they will be 16 months apart in age. According to her records she is active, fond of imitating, fond of listening to music and playing with toys. She has a "ready smile", quick in reaction, fond of reading picture books and games. Sounds like she will fit in just perfect ;) She has been in an institution since abandonment at about 1 month of age. Her Chinese name, Xiuyan means "graceful, beautiful." The boys love talking about her and when Ryan says her Chinese name it is the cutest thing!
We sent in our Letter of Intent (LOI) on Jan 26th. We received per-approval on Jan 29th and now wait for our official letter of approval (LOA) which could take 60-90 days.
Please keep praying for our Sugar Plum. The waiting does feel so much harder now that we have seen her. We will be sending a care package to her after the Chinese New Year and hope that we will get new pictures as confirmation of receipt ;)
6 comments:
oh, we are SO very in love with her!
We are so excited for you and grateful that the Lord is bringing this sweet little lady into your family!
Ali - what joy this brings to read -- I can only begin to imagine the joy it brings to your heart to see your little girl.
I have not ever met you but only read your blog through Courtney's blog. We both have "Ryan's" that are the same age (and we both have three boys) and I just have to tell you that I got goosebumps reading about your little girl. SO very exciting for you and your family. I can't wait to see her. Congrats!
Ali!!!! I had no idea but am absolutely thrilled for you and your family!!! Will be praying you get to bring her home soon!!
Wow! I have been away from the blog world so long that I had no idea. So very excited for all of you! For the big brothers getting a little sis to love on and for the two of you getting to parent a little girl. Our God is so great and so good and I am so thankful He led you to this point. God bless!!!
Post a Comment