Friday, February 8, 2013

Change


We’ve been asked if we are worried how the adoption will affect our biological kids. 
Our answer? YES. Did this change our minds? NO. Have they been affected? YES.

I probably question myself every day. Not because I have doubts that this is the right thing, but because it does affect them on a daily basis. Even now, before she graces us with her presence, we've been changed. Our house is changing, it feels smaller already ;) We have pink things arriving in packages ;) We are "celebrating" the Chinese New Year for the first time ever (and so are our friends apparently). She is the topic of conversation all the time. They must deal with a mama who has baby brain worse than when she was pregnant. And they roll their eyes when their mama says "nǐ hǎo" (hello) followed by "wǎn'ān"(good night) to her picture on the fridge every morning b/c I am starting my day and hers is ending.

We do have specific concerns/prayers for each of our boys. We also are hopeful for the good changes this will bring too.

Here is one! I found this on my pillow one night.
By the world's economy this would be considered chunk change, but in our eyes it's exactly the right change!!! And we stand in awe of the God we serve.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my word! This is absolutely precious. I'm all choked up.

Lissa said...

Wow. As Alex would say my eyes puddled. His heart is growing by leaps and bounds! And apart from how cute it is, did he really write that all by himself? His handwriting is getting awesome.

Alex B said...

Owen is good people.

Courtney said...

wow. that is HUGE!!!!!!