When we were selecting an adoption agency, I had read a few good things about Lifeline via internet, but it was my "gut" that was the main deciding factor. From my first encounters over the phone and the personal attention I received I sort of assumed it was a smallish China program. Ha! Just last week I finally asked and it's around 400 families in the China program alone!!! Of course all in various stages, not just waiting for referrals. Wow!
Well, despite being 1 family in a sea of families we are still feeling loved. This is part of an email update from the agency (to ALL of us) but special none the less.
"I know that the wait is hard and becomes discouraging at times. In the midst of the "waits", please remember that the Lord is working. He has such a perfect plan for your family; one that cannot be thwarted by governments, agencies or orphanage directors. I am confident we will have a child for your family soon and when we do, it will be the child that has been meant for your family since the beginning of time! I wish I had more details and time frames to offer...until I do, please know that your family is loved and valued by our agency. We look forward to the day that you are looking back at this time of waiting as a sweet time that the Lord used in preparing your family for the precious little one soon to be placed in your arms!"
I would be lying if I said I was doing this gracefully. (thankfully HE is Grace) It's kind of ugly around here. I feel like I am walking around in a fog and a lot is being set aside :(
I know this is a season. And I know it will get way harder before it gets easier (if it does). Our normal will be a new normal once again. Thankfully we've done that 3 times already ;)
I am pretty certain that the adoption of 1 child, out of 148 million, won't change much for the big picture, but I am seeing (He is showing me) how it's being worked out in lots and lots of little pictures. He is generous, to lift my fog, long enough to see and we are encouraged!
The home study is still being revised ;(
1 comment:
So thankful that you are encouraged in the midst of the fog and that you have eyes to see Him at work. Praying!
Post a Comment