Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mighty To Save

This morning at church my heart jumped into my throat and tears sprung forth. Why? Because a 4 day old foster baby girl was placed in my arms. Mrs. S (an interim foster mother) must of felt me breathing down her neck for glimpes of the precious girl b/c she handed her over to me during the final worship songs. OH MY HEART! To sing this song (below) and pray for a child who is in transition to her forever home and for her mother who is now missing a piece of herself, was almost too much for my heart. What a privilege, thank you Mrs S.! You don't know what God is already doing in my heart, but that added to my journey. 

"Mighty to Save"

Everyone needs compassion
A love that's never failing
Let mercy fall on me

Everyone needs forgiveness
The kindness of a Savior
The hope of nations

(Chorus:)
Savior
He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever
Author of Salvation
He rose & conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

So take me as You find me
All my fears & failures
Fill my life again

I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender

Savior
He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever
Author of Salvation
He rose & conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

Shine Your light &
Let the whole world see
We're singing
For the glory
Of the risen King
Jesus

You're the Savior
You can move the mountains
Lord You are mighty to save
You are mighty to save
Forever
Author of Salvation
You rose & conquered the grave
Yes You conquered the grave

Lord, "I give my life to follow everything I believe in now I surrender... You're the Savior you can move the mountains, Lord You are mighty to save..."