I recently read Finding the Way Home by Sarah Byrd. I got so wrapped up in the stories of Suzanne Morgan and Peter Stewart that I found myself "worrying" about them, wondering what would happen next as if I really knew them.
I remember a conversation with my friend Sarah, a few years ago, when she described the characters in her recently published book, as her friends. She couldn't wait to find out what they would say or do next. They were a big part of her life, even if they could only be found on paper. I found this peculiar seeing as she was the author. Didn't she know what would happen next?
Well, now that I have had the privilege of reading it for myself, I can better understand what she meant. She does an incredible job of bringing her characters to life as well as the beautiful countryside of Cornwall, England. I have never been to England but I'd sure like to visit now.
Congratulations, Sarah!
Warning: you will want consume large quantities of tea and scones during the reading of this book.
1 comment:
I can't wait to read my copy at the beach!
Post a Comment