there would be days like this...
It was a beautiful morning for the pool. 80 degrees and sunny. After Ryan's morning nap we got our suits on, packed a lunch and headed to the van. Only to discover that Owen and Mason's booster seats were still in EJ's car (at work). UGH! Anyone who has ever packed 3 kids (or even 1) for the pool knows it is not an easy or quick task.
Okay, second plan. Go to Owen's school playground with our lunches.
After loading up the double stroller we forged ahead, Owen on his bike and the younger two in the stroller. As we were walking down the driveway I noticed the tire on Mason's side was looking low. Better turn around and pump it up. (Perhaps that should have been my clue)
Found the pump only to discover our new pump doesn't fit in the wide spokes of the tire. what ?!?!
Any sane person would take this as a final hint and stay home. But not me. After all, the kids are eager, lunch is packed and Ryan is already buckled in.
Third plan. Mason will ride his bike with training wheels as far as he can. If we can't make it all the way to the playground, I will think of another plan. We can have a picnic anywhere, right?
Mason did great. I got too nervous to take him and the stroller and Owen through a traffic light on a busy road. So we ditched his bike behind a tree and he rode in the stroller the rest of the way. The tire held up and everyone was happy (although the boys were a little nervous to leave his bike).
Owen and Mason had fun at the playground. Ryan did not. So after all that work I had a fussy baby and no quick exit. He and I paced around in the shade. Then we gobbled our lunches and started the trek home. Ryan took a quick cat nap in the stroller and was much happier when we got home.
At least we all got some exercise!
2 comments:
Oh my. I give you major props for even trying the second idea. I assume you got his bike back?
Good work putting out all that effort. I know the boys appreciated it.....even if they didn't tell you! ;)
Post a Comment