Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Brother's Love

The combination of a broken flash on my camera and a 6 year old who hates having his picture taken equals poor quality options. Beggars can't be choosy. I think it's safe to say that Owen has fallen in love with his baby brother. If I got as many touches, hugs, kisses, pats and tickles from Owen as Ryan does, I think I'd lose my mind. Ryan eats it up. Thank goodness!
We haven't talked about school much, but I've been dropping hints this week. Owen knows it's coming. I think he is okay with the idea, but "excited" isn't the word I'd use.
I think he is really going to miss Ryan. They really won't get much time together once school starts. Probably from 4-5:15 p.m. and then again around bedtime. At least while Ryan is still taking a 3rd nap (can't remember when that stops).
Now don't be fooled. As much as he loves his brother, he is still constantly pushing the limits. He wants to pick him up (not allowed), tickles him too hard, talks too loudly into his ear and it will probably get worse the more stable Ryan appears. Poor little guy doesn't know what he is in for. At least he appears to be super flexible and laid back.