Over the past 9 months, I have entrusted my health/body to various physicians out of desperation. Whether PCP, Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Physical Therapist and now a Chiropractor. It feels like I am constantly placing myself in some one's hands (literally). But for some reason (perhaps stigma) I have felt the most vulnerable in the hands of a chiropractor. You would think surgery would have been scarier. I guess the anesthesia took care of those fears. Today, I anxiously went back for my second visit. Unlike, Friday I now knew what to expect and was nervous I'd wouldn't be able to relax. Needless to say my head is still attached and it didn't sound/feel nearly as bad the second time. It's not that the "adjusting" hurts, I just feel so vulnerable. The Dr. was very kind and understanding of my nerves and he claims by body is responding well. Notice, my hesitancy. It's hard to jump on board yet another regime.
So while, it may seem a silly thing to fret. It has been real to me. And it made me realize that all this time I have been forgetting that despite the earthly hands that try to fix me, it's really my Heavenly Father's hands that hold me close. He is still holding me even in those moments. His hands are the ones I need to trust and find my hope. The outcome is ultimately His, even when I question the path I am taking. So I am trying to trust and rest. Both of which my body so desperately needs.
So while, it may seem a silly thing to fret. It has been real to me. And it made me realize that all this time I have been forgetting that despite the earthly hands that try to fix me, it's really my Heavenly Father's hands that hold me close. He is still holding me even in those moments. His hands are the ones I need to trust and find my hope. The outcome is ultimately His, even when I question the path I am taking. So I am trying to trust and rest. Both of which my body so desperately needs.
2 comments:
Oh Ali, I pray that the Lord continues to do His mighty work on your body via the doctors' hands and on your heart with His constant love and grace.
what a great perspective! thanks. and i also pray...OFTEN...that all this would be behind you!
Post a Comment