Our hope and prayer was that it would include sharing the Easter story (in Mandarin). She attempted during lunch and while the boys were very eager to talk, the conversation mostly centered around "creation." Thankfully she also explained to the boys why their host families pray, go to church and that their love (for them) is in response to God's love.
Our morning also included a scavenger hunt through the woods to a playground. Oh and running to the nearest potty :0
Amy even prepared eggs for a hunt, which was enthusiastically received.
We ended the FUN filled morning with UNO.
The first real smile I have caught on camera. It made my week!
I can't tell you how much having Amy's support and help has been to ALL 3 of us host moms. Not to mention how much the boy's adore being with her. I am forever grateful for all the time, love and money she has graciously given. What a blessing! Orphan care has lots of avenues. Find one, please, you won't regret it!





No comments:
Post a Comment