I have been choosing to LOVE, a lot lately. I wish I could say I do that intentionally all the time. Somehow with an end-date looming, it's easier to set aside other things for the time being. Bills are getting paid, laundry done, cooking and dishes, homework and that's about it. Lot's and lots of time given to 3 very special boys. If you have every desired to do a mission trip with your family. Try hosting. Have the mission trip come to you. The conversations in your home, at school and church, with strangers, friends and even the dentist ;) are well worth it. My friend's advocacy blog is getting hit hard, we had 70 people at a luncheon at our church in honor of these boys, and God is giving (not local) families the courage to inquire about these boys. Keep praying!
It's a honor, friends to love them. Not easy, but an honor.
The bond they are forming with each other is precious. Will they ever see each other again, doubtful.
The experiences, pretty basic, but to them a lot of FIRSTS and very exciting. EJ and I have decided one of our purposes in hosting is to give Yangcai opportunities to increase his confidence. There is little we can "give" him to take back with him, but building his confidence might encourage him to dream a little bigger. Their world is very tiny, ironic in a place as large at Ch1na. If he is on his own at 15, we want him dreaming big.
We take SO much for granted. My eyes have been even more opened to their realities and my heart, well that breaks on an hourly basis.Good thing Avery is used to 3 older (obnoxious) brothers ;) She doesn't take grief from these 3 either. Ha!
Week 3 ended on a sweet note that I will devote a whole post too. Happy Friday!



1 comment:
praying, praying, praying for these sweet boys!!! and you guys!
Post a Comment