Monday, April 13, 2015

Easter 2015

We somehow managed to get to 9am service on Easter morning even with baskets and a slightly fancier than normal breakfast.
After church we spontaneously headed to the river. It was a beautiful day and I wanted to enjoy all of them with one activity (we often divide up). Too bad I worried most of the time that someone would fall in :( Even still it was a lovely morning to be outside.


 They are eager (more than me) to go back!
After naps we headed to my parents house for an egg hunt and dinner. 
I made everyone get their nice clothes back on. That went over well ;)
 
The kids LOVED the egg hunt.
 This gorgeous dress was handmade by a cousin of mine. She gave it to me right before we left to get Avery. It's been hanging in her closet (too big) until now :)
Dinner was yummy! EJ felt too sick to eat. He finally caught the stomach bug that circled our house twice :(
 We "celebrated" mom's birthday. Lissa made a delicious choc cake with caramel frosting.
I spent much of Lent every so grateful for the cross. Shouldn't I always? When life is full and happy, sadly, I don't "need" to think about his sacrifice quite as much. Lately, there has been a lot of sad, difficult, troubling, and depressing news amongst my friends and family. There is really only one place to go where the news is GREAT and full of eternal LOVE. Jesus! My redeemer, lives!
"And as He stands in victory
Sins curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ"
"In Christ Alone"

No comments: