Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Switcharoo (Again)

Instead of moving, I prefer to re-arrange our rooms every once in awhile. Ok... 3 times in 8 years :)
If you want to go back to the beginning take a look here. This is what the room looked like until recently. With the basement finished, we moved this furniture into our larger room in the front of the house.
And now it's more like an study/playroom/craft room. We are in here ALL THE TIME.
Remember our date to Ikea? We attempted our first Ikea hack. They sell something very similar, but I wanted a longer table top, so that 5 of us could comfortably sit around it. I stained the butcher block top and EJ rigged it on with clamps also sold at Ikea. 
The computer desk was moved from another room. It's from Ikea too, and has moved all over our house ;)
We are making great use of it. The storage is awesome. Now I have all our school/art supplies in one place, plus small-toy storage in the baskets. Each child has 1 cubby to call their own. Which is more of a catch-all for school stuff, but at least there is a specific place for it and not in the kitchen or dining room!
 
We've had some visitors. Grandma yesterday and I babysat cousin Tripp last Sat.
New paper for my windows.
To coordinate with new art over the desk :) My obsession with scrapbook paper has gone digital. 
I get most of my stuff here. They have a lot of freebies too ;) I added the type in photoshop.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE the new room. Hope to see it before the end of the summer. xo