Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Basement Reno (week 19)

I finished the stairs this past weekend. Painting the risers was definitely the most tedious painting thus far. I am so glad it's behind me. I have been wanting the risers on our main floor staircase, white, since the day we moved in (9 yrs ago). Now that I am so experienced ;) I am hoping to get to that soon. After all, once the basement is done, what will I do with all my spare time?
 
They are too glossy for my liking, but hopefully more durable.
The flooring went in on Monday. I can't tell you how excited we ALL were. It was like Christmas morning at 5 pm when the crew left. I was giddy all day knowing that progress in the basement was being made and NOT by ME :)

It's a vinyl product (water-proof) and very affordable. It only took the crew 3.5 hrs to do both rooms and the hallway.

It's basically move-in ready. We still need door knobs, shower door and some paint touched-up and the kitchenette counters, but the end is definitely in sight. Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

Jill said...

It looks gorgeous! I love your choices (paint, stain, flooring, etc.)

Michelle said...

It looks awesome!!

jenn said...

Love!