Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring Break Day 1

I remember from last year, it takes a few days for us to get in the groove of all being together all day. Aside from a dead battery in the van (in our driveway), it was a pretty smooth day. There was some arguing and fighting, but I will choose to remember the good parts ;)
We've been finding excuses to be in the basement even though it's basically bare. I suppose you could say this was our first time "playing" down there.
Mason's lego collection has never had a great home. Since he shares a bedroom with Ryan, and Ryan naps, it hasn't made sense to keep them in their room. Last summer before Avery came home, I had hoped to create him some personal space somewhere. Well, the best we came up with was a card table and one ikea storage frames with boxes (that we already owned).
Now that the basement is done (enough) I figured it was time to reevaluate. This morning was the perfect time to organize/sort his legos. Even the younger two were happy for a long time. Owen was inspired to organize his baseball cards and disappeared to his room.
It's
 not totally done, I will update soon. He LOVES it. Hopefully this will be a sweet place to let his creativity flow.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh no! I walked right over that cord to your van on Monday and didn't even realize what was going on until I read this post. I assume you are back up and on the move now, right?