Sunday, April 6, 2014

8 Months Home


This time last year we were waiting for our Letter of Approval. Now, I am so thankful she has been home 8 months. We are still learning new things about Avery every day, but the anxiety of worrying about "how she is doing" is gone. She doesn't handle transitions very well, but I don't know many toddlers who do. Her vocabulary increases every day and that will help with her fits of frustration/yelling.

She has voluntarily taken over Ryan's chore. She can barely see over the table but she follows me around and puts a fork on each napkin. I am fairly certain this is just her way of telling me to get dinner on the table ;) She is always the first one to the table even if I haven't said "dinner is ready." Ironically she still eats like a bird. Unless, it's taco night. Our girl loves mexican food, isn't that funny?
She definitely keeps us on our toes. I can't even believe how far she has come in 8 months. It's amazing.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't wait to get to know her!

Lissa said...

What a helpful cute little monkey!