Sunday, February 2, 2014

Celebrating the Chinese New Year

All the holidays we celebrate, I've grown up celebrating. To begin a new one as an adult, was a little nerve wracking. I really had no idea what I was doing. My friend Amy gave me some quick pointers at preschool drop-off one day, I peeked at some other adoption blogs and pinterest. My mom did quite a bit of research and made a trip to the party store ;) Between the basement reno and SO MANY days with all 4 home from school, I didn't do much prep work.

Our meal was a mixture of home-made chinese food and premade/frozen chinese foods. Chinese is a difficult meal to make in advance (I need more practice). Next year, we might just order take-out :)


 Ryan and Mason made a few decorations for the party.


It was fun gathering together to celebrate. We are so blessed to have family who have so warmly welcomed Avery into the family. CNY was a good excuse to celebrate all that God has done over the last year.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So fun to start some new traditions!