Monday, May 20, 2013

OUR Senior Idol

We had a weekend free (thanks to rain) from baseball. We got lots of chores done and some new friends over for dinner on Saturday. 
We kicked off our weekend with a special show on Friday night. My dad was a final contestant in a local Senior Idol contest! I did not inherit my dad's love for being on stage. But I am so thankful that he has always shown me not to be afraid to try new things. We are always amazed at what he is willing to try. I am thankful my boys get to see this too.

Waiting for the show to start :)

 On the big screen :)
 He did such a great job. We are so proud of him.
 Thankfully he was the 1st to perform (7:30 ish).
 We left at intermission and got a quick treat.
We got home and put the kids in bed and were able to catch the final results from a live broadcast!
He didn't win, but he is certainly a winner in our books! Way to go, dad!

No comments: