Thursday, December 15, 2011

Decor for 2011

It's safe to say that I have a tradition of making Christmas decorations (with paper) each year. (2010 and 2009) I am continuing to use the same huge scrapbook paper pad that I bought 2 years ago. I have 1 more project in mind for this year, but I am not sure it's going to happen.

Normally we have sailboat paintings on either side of the bay window. Each year we put our tree in the same spot. It just seems funny to have summer sailboats with our Christmas tree. Ridiculous, I know! So of course, I made my own art ;)
I selected verses of "O Come All Ye Faithful"
 and "We Three Kings"
 
With my handy dandy graphic design skills I got the words into these 2 shapes. Printed and cut them and then glued them on this cute herringbone paper and added some sparkle black ribbon I had lying around :)
It's the little things that keep me sane!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love them! Did you paint the frames or buy them. I really think you could sell them.

Laura said...

Those are so cool, Ali!