Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sugar

No one was interested in helping me make sugar cookies this year. I went ahead and did it anyway b/c I was hoping they'd change their minds. Mason helped roll out some of the dough and use the cutters for the first 2 trays. I finally just stuck it all in the fridge and finished after everyone was in bed. I enjoyed decorating them in the peace and quiet but a little bummed that Owen didn't want to help at all. 
I don't know if this is an age thing or if he is just needing to get used to being home all day (today was better than yesterday), but he doesn't want to do anything! Yet he sits around and says he is bored. Things that he use to enjoy even a few weeks ago, he doesn't want to do. I hope it's just a phase. I am trying not to let it bring me down, but I miss my crafty buddy.

This little guy had no problem helping with the sugar cookies. Eating them that is!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

catching up on the last couple days - backwards - but your guys are home all WEEK! wow! tomorrow is my kids last day...

Michelle said...

This is a good reminder for me to enjoy this time when my little guy wants to be with me all.the.time. :)