Sunday, January 16, 2011

Under 40

40s has never sounded so good. I am not talking about years, I am talking degrees. Yesterday, we broke 40, according to weather.com that hasn't happened in 9 days, but it has felt much longer than that!
The cold weather has been so much more tolerable this winter thanks to these wonderful boots. My parents gave them to me for Christmas '09, before boot rage explosion. I didn't have much chance to wear them that year since a majority of my winter and early spring was spent on the couch*.
I know it's totally trendy, but my toes couldn't be more thrilled. My feet get abnormally cold very quick. So much so that they can turn purple. I've had this checked out and supposedly they are fine. Mason refuses to go without socks (except in the summer). I think he got his cold feet from me. 
I know I will look back in 10 years and think, skinny jeans and ugly boots what was I thinking? I will laugh, we all will (EJ is laughing now). But my feet have never been toastier and I'd be happy if the trend sticks around. 

* It was on Jan 15th of last year when I posted about bed rest starting. Alleluia that is 1 year behind us and instead I get to squeeze my sweet munchkin.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

so cute! i finally got the tall black boots and i love them! yay! and i love upwards basketball and all the bells and whistles that come with it...cant wait (and i hope) our kids will want to play when they are old enough...we will try it out with soccer this spring! ive been watching other people's kids do upwards for yrs...now it's finally almost our turn! yay!!! :)

Courtney said...

yay for bedrest being something you remember...and made it through WELL! and YAY for ryan being HERE!!!