My mom threw a great party on Friday night. I really enjoyed myself. THANK YOU for taking care of all the details!
"March Madness" began in my family a long time ago. My sister and I share very close birthdays. Little did I know the Lord was preparing me to then share a birthday with my son too. Owen who was due to arrive in April, showed up 5 days before my 26th birthday. Growing up, my mom always made it a point to give Lissa and I separate parties and cakes. And these were no ordinary cakes. My memories and childhood photo albums are full of fancy cakes that she spent lots of hours on. Even now, if we celebrate on the same day (which is far easier) we get separate cakes. Now we have 3 cakes (although less fancy). Needless to say when my mom's birthday rolls around on April 7th we are often all caked out. Next year we could very well be celebrating a 5th birthday if this little guy arrives soon.
"March Madness" began in my family a long time ago. My sister and I share very close birthdays. Little did I know the Lord was preparing me to then share a birthday with my son too. Owen who was due to arrive in April, showed up 5 days before my 26th birthday. Growing up, my mom always made it a point to give Lissa and I separate parties and cakes. And these were no ordinary cakes. My memories and childhood photo albums are full of fancy cakes that she spent lots of hours on. Even now, if we celebrate on the same day (which is far easier) we get separate cakes. Now we have 3 cakes (although less fancy). Needless to say when my mom's birthday rolls around on April 7th we are often all caked out. Next year we could very well be celebrating a 5th birthday if this little guy arrives soon.
If you came to the party Friday night, this is who greeted you at the front door.
1 comment:
looks like such a fun night!
Post a Comment