Thursday, May 28, 2009

Getting our Feet Wet

I did it! I took the kids to the pool for the first time this season. I don't know what my problem is, but I was dreading the 1st trip. How ridiculous that I would complain about such a treat! Belonging to a pool is awesome and we have TONS of friends that go and we go all summer long.
The main reason for my poor attitude is the amount of time it takes to get ready. It took 41 minutes from the moment I said we are going to the pool to the time I started up the van. Good grief! We are rusty and out of shape, and need to shave off some time. (That included packing a lunch, putting on bathing suits and sunscreen)
Secondly, I don't really enjoy packing our lunch. It gets old fast! Anyone have ideas for poolside lunches?
I was also nervous b/c I wasn't sure how Mason would react. If he'd like it, hate it or run around like crazy.
I must say it was a Great 1st trip. The boys didn't complain or fidget while I did the sunscreen. They were both content in the kiddie pool (I am not ready to face those big pool water temps) Mason warmed up to the idea pretty quickly and didn't want to leave when it was time to go.
I think its going to be a good summer after all!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

i want to hear some poolside lunch ideas, too!!! that's something i am just out of ideas. i did pack boiled eggs instead of sandwiches for our trip to the playground today. that went over well - they loved them!

ok, people...more ideas!!!

Courtney said...

are you following my blog for the lunch ideas?? some GOOD ones! thanks for getting my (or their) brains going on that! :-)