Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Beginning of the End

Today was the last day of Wellspring. A sad reminder that EVERYTHING is quickly coming to an end. School is done Thurs. I am sure my evening bible study and morning play group will stop meeting soon. So sad!
I am excited for the summer and the pool but I know that it can be lonely time too. I like have regular activities to "work around." When I have too much free time I tend to get lazier. But I have lots of high hopes for the summer.
  1. I am hoping to spend more time in the bible with Owen.
  2. Start teaching Owen to read (at least a little) perhaps at the same time forcing myself to learn phonics (never quite mastered that). I am sure I'll make such a great teacher :(
  3. Get the kids more comfortable in the pool.
  4. Renovate the boys bathroom.
  5. Finish some house projects.
  6. Go on 3 beach trips. Yes, we are so SPOILED!
After being indoors all morning for Wellspring we had to enjoy the beautiful weather before nap time. We all had a bagel at church so we ate a random lunch of watermelon and leftover popcorn..

Not sure why Owen agreed to letting me take his picture.
Too bad he has watermelon all over his face.

3 comments:

Christy said...

so cute Ali!!! I'm the same way with too much free time---I can't wait to hear about your summer...those sound like some GOOD ideas :)

Sarah said...

wow! 3 trips to the beach! l-u-c-k-y! i hope you get lots of stuff done on your list! i love the relaxed time of summer and im so spoiled bc mike is home with me...although i do teach in the summer..just a change in routine is fun...hope to see you mon! :)

Courtney said...

can't wait to hear the plans for the bathroom :-) but i will miss it the way it is ;-)