Friday, May 15, 2009

Idea

I needed a fairly cheap, end of the year gift idea for Owen's preschool teachers because he had 3. If I had only needed one I could have spent a little more. Here it is and it's so simple. I bought three 4" thyme plants for $3.99 and cute pots from Ben Franklins for $6.59 (I didn't get the generic clay pots but those would work fine too and are super cheap). Owen and I planted them together and then I made these little signs that say "Thanks for helping me grow." On the back was a recipe for a Raspberry Chicken with Thyme (thanks Lissa for that idea and recipe)
Hopefully not the same old thing they are use to.
I figured the cute pot could stand alone as a nice gift if they aren't excited about the herb.

3 comments:

Christy said...

great idea! i love it :)

Courtney said...

of COURSE...super cute! you're going to be one of those moms that teachers are excited to get for this very reason! :-)

Jennifer said...

This preschool teacher would LOVE to get that gift!