My grandfather passed away yesterday at the age of 93.
We will miss him very much! He blessed our lives with his sense of humor, huge smile, enormous appetite and gentle spirit. He loved my boys so much and I am thankful for the time they had together. I probably saw my grandparents way more than the normal grand kid. I am grateful for all the memories this allowed me. His memorial service will be held on Saturday.
2004 with Owen
1980
Some of my fondest memories with Paw Paw were in his garden. Together we picked beans, tomatoes and my favorite was digging for potatoes. When I was much younger their home was a grand kid's dream come true. They had a huge yard, pool, multiple gardens, a lake within walking distance and a porch for sleepovers and fresh blueberry pancakes!
We love you!

2005
5 comments:
i loved reading that...and the pictures!
Oh ali...those pictures are so precious...what a special man...
I'm so glad you had so many wonderful years and memories with your Paw Paw!
Ali-- Its great to learn a little more about your Paw Paw- what a sweet tribute to him and great pictures- he sounds so loving and fun. I hope your weekend is really special!! Laura
Ali, so sorry for your family's loss. It sounds like you have a lot of precious memories with him. I'm glad that you had a good weekend with family to celebrate his life.
Post a Comment