Monday, January 12, 2009

Wise Words...

of an almost 5 year old. "Daddy, she doesn't need directions, she has a GPS."

Well, of course why didn't we think of that. Mim left yesterday after almost a week. She came bearing love and gifts and in return went home with a cold. How lovely are we?

Mim, we enjoyed you and are thankful for you, whether it showed or not. Sometimes I can't believe what comes out of my child's mouth and yet why should I be surprised. He is a sinner after all. Just like me. What's my excuse, I know and accept the Love of Christ.

Matthew 12:34 "You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks."

Sounds harsh doesn't it. Of course I'd rather not think my child's heart is that ugly, after all he is just 4. But ignoring it doesn't change anything. I need to be praying boldly that his heart is changed. Not that his words are pleasing to us, but pleasing to his Father in Heaven.

No comments: