Thursday, January 29, 2009

"It's okay"

This morning at breakfast we told Owen that Paw Paw died yesterday and that he is heaven with Jesus. Owen took the news really well and didn't say much. Later today I told him we were going to grandma's house tomorrow (this is where Paw Paw lived too). First he got excited and then turned to Mason and said very seriously but joyfully, "tomorrow we are going to grandma's house, but Paw Paw won't be there. But it's okay because he is with Jesus in Heaven, and we'll see him when we get there."
Lord, may my family be encouraged by such simple and sweet words.

2 comments:

Christy said...

oh ali...so sweet...i'm so so sorry...love you...

Michelle said...

That is wonderful...it really shows how well you and EJ have been teaching Owen about Jesus and eternity. I hope I can do same for my children.