Thursday, January 15, 2009

Texas or Bust

I am busting out of this frigid state and headed for warmth and sunshine. Three months and 100 e-mails later, I am leaving tonight to spend 4 days with 7 precious friends from college. Otherwise known as the Barnhouse girls! My junior year of college at JMU, I had the awesome and crazy privilege of living with 7 other girls off-campus in the "Barnhouse." 10 years later we are still good friends and get together almost every year. Four from the East coast will fly to meet up with 4 Texans in Austin. Michelle is hosting all 8 of us, plus 4 babies. This could possibly be the craziest reunion yet. (Although one year, Kathy had her baby a month early while we were visiting! That might top them all!) Michelle who is 30 weeks pregnant better not get any ideas. On Sat. night we are throwing her a baby shower and the rest of the reunion is unplanned.

My gracious husband and parents will take turns watching the boys. Mason is feeling a little better and Owen's nose is starting to run. It might not be a very fun weekend. I am certainly glad for these fun plans that I have looked forward to this whole yucky week. As much as I'll miss them, it will feel good to get away. I think this will be our longest time apart. I can't wait to see their faces on Monday! I am hoping to get a picture at the airport:)

1 comment:

Elizabeth Johnson Phillips said...

Give Michelle a hug from me. Have fun!