Thursday, January 22, 2009

Curtain idea

Michelle asked me to take a picture of the curtains in Mason's room b/c she hopes to do something similar in her nursery. This is a fun and simple way to make curtains a little more custom without the $$. 1. Buy plain colored curtains
2. Buy fun ribbon
3. Determine placement of ribbon. (along the bottom would be cute too)
4. Pin ribbon to curtains (measure from top or bottom of curtain, whichever is closer)
5. Sew across ribbon with coordinating thread. (I'd recommend sewing along top and bottom of ribbon so it lays flat. I ran out of time and energy and only did it once. It looks fine b/c its at the top and harder to see.
(Michelle, I don't know how you'll do this without a sewing machine, although that iron-on tape might work. just not sure how it can be washed) Good luck!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks Ali! It SEEMS simple enough, but I am so not handy. I'm going to give it a try though! Where did you find your curtains? (And yes, you can wash the iron-on fabric glue...I've used it to hem pants.) :)

Ali said...

i think i got them at Target