Sunday, January 25, 2009

Craigs List score!

I have wanted a buffet or server for our dining room for a long time. I occasionally checked Craigs List but wasn't' very hopeful. It seemed like the same style buffet was always on there. But right before Christmas this one caught my eye. The price was great and it was in good condition.
Before
After
I love how it turned out. Some friends let us borrow a paint sprayer. We struggled quite a bit with the sprayer. (There is a reason it says in the manual not to use in temperatures below 50 degrees, we learned the hard way.) Sadly we don't have pics with us and our masks.
We brought it up from the garage this weekend and EJ and Owen put on the new hardware. It's a little bigger than I expected. You can't really visualize furniture until its actually in the room. Well, at least I have plenty of storage.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

it looked GREAT!!! and you'll LOVE all the extra storage room! have fun filling it up!

Sarah said...

wow! it looks awesome ali! :)

Michelle said...

That looks awesome! Wow, I am envious of your great find! You have good "vision" to see the potential in things. :)

Christy said...

awesome!...its gorgeous ali!!

Kate and Geoff said...

I
LOVE
IT.

LOVE IT.

Can you make one for me? It's exactly what I want for our other living room wall (our living room is office, living room and half dining room, cause I have no storage space)