Monday, December 15, 2014

Sittin Pretty

Our tree is all decked out in it's preschool-ornament glory. I may have rearranged some. ONE branch on an artificial tree can hold A LOT of ornaments ;)
These days are SO SO busy. I am really trying to not add anything extra but with 6 schedules it kinda just happens. I am MAKING time for advent reading for myself and it's really the only thing keeping me sane.
Every year when we decorate for Christmas, I am struck by the illusion it creates. In photos or through windows everything looks pretty and festive. In reality, my basement has exploded with empty boxes and tree needles, glitter litters the floors and the train comes off the track 100 times a day. My heart is not much neater and my brain is a traffic jam of to-do lists and "fun" aspirations for the season.
Thankfully God is reminding me over and over again that HE came for me and my messes. He entered this sinful world as a baby to redeem His children because He loves us. That is the real beauty of Christmas. I don't have to recreate the beauty for me or my kids. He has done the work.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

amen! thank you for those words!!