Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Blessed by the Barnhouse Girls

I spent the past weekend in Austin, Texas, with these lovely ladies (college housemates). From left to right, Michelle, Kate, Becca (with twins), me, Courtney and Christy. We were missing two, Mary and Kathy and it just wasn't the same without them.
 
I have been dying to get my hands on these two since they were born in MAY. 
Kevin is in the white t-shirt and Greg in the gray (I am almost certain).
 It was such a joy to watch Becca be a mom x 2. I don't know how she does it. Wow!
We talked a ton, laughed, cried and ate lots of yummy food (thanks Christy and Becca). I am so grateful for these dear friends who I have known my whole adult life!! We always pick up where we left off and it's a privilege to be with them.
 I enjoyed extra time with Michelle on our flights to and from.
It was nice to be away. I totally disengaged from my family and completely relaxed. Thankfully EJ's back was doing well enough for me to go. He handled everything beautifully and I came home to a clean house :) Avery did great and seems to have grown closer to EJ while I was gone.

2 comments:

Courtney Cassada said...

your last sentence?!? that's HUGE!!

Sarah said...

What???? Becca's had twins and is a mom :) that's wonderful news. Wow wow. I'm sure it was such a treat to spend the weekend together.