I wanted to prolong the cuteness of Halloween costumes and since they are always too eager to go trick or treating, I choose to take pictures yesterday. It was a beautiful fall day and we weren't in a hurry. Just completely enjoyed ourselves (at the risk of ruining our costumes). Taking photos was therapeutic for me!
Shark and Fidgety Fish go to the lake
Ryan's (tjmaxx special) costume was the inspiration for Avery's homemade fish costume.
I had hoped the other 2 would join the theme, but alas they are too old :(
Her costume pattern idea came from here but I had to make it girlie :) I thought about a mermaid costume but she is much more a fidgety fish. At this point, she sees herself as one of the boys ;) The scales are made out of felt, the shiny ones have silver duck tape on them. I glued the whole thing and reinforced some parts with safety pins and duck tape. The fin and eyes are hand sewn (with hopes of removal) onto the hood of a sweatshirt. The front and back are connected by straps and the whole thing slips over her head. This was a good trial run b/c her eyes need some reinforcement ;)

2 comments:
ah! they are SO cute! and the costumes are perfect for them!
Adorable! I love it!
Post a Comment